Work-Related Temporary Disability Lawyers

Employees who suffer an injury on the job but are still able to work at a reduced capacity or who need to take time off to recover from an injury or surgery may be eligible for temporary disability benefits. If you’ve been hurt in a work accident and are unsure if you qualify for disability benefits, our work-related temporary disability lawyers at Morrison, Webster & Carlton, Attorneys at Law, can help answer your questions. We are committed to getting you the workers’ compensation benefits you may be owed after being hurt on the job.


Temporary Partial Disability

If you can still work after your injury, although not to the level to which you were previously able, you may qualify for temporary partial disability benefits. Temporary partial disability payments in Missouri are paid weekly at a rate that is 66 2/3 percent of the difference between what you earned before your accident and what you are reasonably able to earn after the accident.


Temporary Total Disability

Employees who are unable to perform their duties at all while recovering from a work related injury may be eligible for temporary total disability benefits. Unlike temporary partial disability, temporary total disability payments are paid weekly at a rate of 66 2/3 percent of your weekly average gross wage.


The Benefits Time Frame

When you are injured on the job, it is important to see a doctor immediately for a medical evaluation and to file a claim in a timely manner. A delay in filing a claim could delay payment or, in cases of a long delay, even render you ineligible for disability benefits altogether. Seeking the experienced guidance of one of our knowledgeable lawyers can help you avoid these delays and get you the compensation you deserve on time.


Your Temporary Disability Questions Answered

We offer free initial consultations to discuss how we might help you recover financially after a work-related injury. Call us toll free to speak with one of our work-related temporary disability attorneys at 800-560-0822 (Springfield) or 888-351-9185 (Joplin), or use the contact form.