Leg, Knee and Ankle Injuries
On-the-job accidents and regular job tasks, such as standing for long periods or climbing and stretching, can cause serious leg, knee, and ankle injuries. These injuries can cause chronic discomfort and pain, and may leave you with ongoing disabilities. At Morrison, Webster & Carlton, Attorneys at Law, our Missouri workers’ compensation attorneys understand the impacts this can have on your ability to work and provide for yourself and your family. With more than 45 years combined experience, we help workers in Springfield, Joplin, and the surrounding areas get the benefits they are entitled to when these injuries occur.
The legs are comprised of a series of bones, blood vessels, and soft tissues, all of which work together. MedlinePlus advises that injuries or overuse in any area can impact your ability to walk, stand, or make other movements, and can affect the entire leg or specific locations in the knees or ankles.
When leg, knee, or ankle problems occur as the result of your job, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. At Morrison, Webster & Carlton, Attorneys at Law, we represent clients who have suffered the following:
- Bone fractures and dislocated joints;
- Muscle, tendon, or ligament sprains, strains, and tears;
- Worn cartilage in the areas between joints and muscles;
- Bursitis, tendonitis, and other types of inflammatory issues.
These injuries often occur as the result of sudden trauma, such as from a slip and fall or being struck by or against an object. They can also occur due to overuse and strain, or from repetitive use that occurs over the course of years.
When leg, knee, and ankle injuries occur on the job, you may be eligible for benefits through the Missouri Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC). At Morrison, Webster & Carlton, Attorneys at Law, our experienced Missouri workers’ compensation attorneys can advise you on your rights to the following:
- Medical benefits, which cover follow up visits, diagnostic testing, treatment, medication, and physical rehabilitation;
- Reimbursement for lost earnings while you recover;
- Payments for temporary disabilities you suffer as the result of your injury;
- Permanent disability benefits, in the event your injuries prevent you from working or performing certain tasks on your job in the future.
Unfortunately, filing a claim through your employer and getting the benefits you are entitled to can prove challenging. Our Missouri workers’ compensation attorneys work hard as strong legal advocates on your behalf to help you get the maximum amount you are entitled to.
If you suffer leg, knee, or ankle injuries as the result of your job, reach out and contact Morrison, Webster & Carlton, Attorneys at Law. We can arrange a consultation with our Missouri workers’ compensation attorney in our Springfield or Joplin office, to discuss the options available in your case. Call or contact us online today.