Green County Workers’ Compensation
Talented Missouri Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
Work-related accidents and occupational illnesses can happen in any job field. When they do, the damages you suffer can be severe. In addition to being unable to work or provide for yourself and your family, you may require ongoing medical care and treatment, now and in the future. At Morrison, Webster & Carlton, our Missouri workers’ compensation attorneys provide the professional legal guidance you need in these situations. With more than 45 years combined experience representing workers in Green County and the surrounding areas, we are dedicated to helping you get the benefits you are entitled to.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), more than 100 workers each year in our state are killed due to job-related injuries and illnesses, while thousands of others suffer serious injuries. While work-related accidents are common among those in the construction, maintenance, manufacturing, and transportation fields, injuries and chronic health conditions can occur in any occupation. At Morrison, Webster & Carlton, we represent workers who have suffered the following:
- Head, back, or neck injuries due to slips, trips, and falls;
- Broken bones and crushing injuries due to getting struck by or caught in between machinery or other objects;
- Severe cuts, lacerations and amputations due to broken glass and sharp objects;
- Electrocutions and contact with live wiring;
- Burns caused by fires, explosions, or contact with harsh chemicals;
- Soft tissue injuries due to overuse and improper lifting;
- Heat exhaustion, dehydration, and heat stroke due to poor working conditions;
- Transportation accidents, resulting in whiplash and other injuries;
- Breathing disorders and other diseases due to exposure to toxic substances, such as asbestos;
- Injuries due to work-related violence, either on the part of coworkers or the customers you serve.
When on-the-job accidents, injuries, and illnesses occur, workers’ compensation benefits can provide a safety net while you recover. Administered through the Missouri Department of Labor (DOL), these benefits act as a form of insurance to cover costs you incur. Depending on your situation and the extent of your injuries, benefits you may be entitled to include:
- Expenses for medical care, including your transportation costs, medications, and any physical therapy required;
- Reimbursement for lost wages during your recovery;
- Partial disability benefits, if you suffer impairments that prevent you from performing certain tasks required on your job;
- Total disability benefits, if your injuries result in lasting disabilities that prevent you from working now or in the years to come.
In the event your injuries or illness proves fatal, workers’ compensation offers survivors benefits which can help ensure your loved ones are provided for.
When work-related injuries or illnesses threaten your health and prevent you from working, the firm of Morrison, Webster & Carlton is here to help. Contact our Green County workers’ compensation attorneys today and request a consultation to discuss your case.